ILP’s team of experts advise Clients in protecting their proprietary rights on the brand, innovations, designs and trademarks created/developed by them. ILP understands and advocates the importance of adequately protecting intellectual property and proprietary information and is conversant with the substantive and procedural aspects of intellectual property rights, such as copyrights, designs and trademarks.
Our team assists Clients in appropriate research to rule out any prior use to documentation, as well as tracking of the application, up to registration. Our enhanced knowledge on this subject enables us to better guide our Clients with respect to corporate take overs, mergers, acquisitions, investment transactions and restructuring.
ILP’s services include:
- Conducting appropriate searches prior to registration of the relevant intellectual property, in order to determine and confirm proceeding with filing of the application
- Registration, protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights, including rights relating to trademarks, copyrights, patents and designs
- Drafting, negotiating and finalizing a wide range of agreements, deeds and contracts in relation to intellectual property rights and matters involving know-how and trade-secrets, viz., Assignment Agreements, Distribution Agreements, Licensing Agreement, Advertising Agreements and Telemarketing Agreements, besides others
- Advising on all areas of intellectual property strategy to adequately protect their rights, including monitoring of misappropriation of clients’ proprietary rights; advice on acquisition, sale and licensing of such rights; infringement and passing off issues and other matters relating to intellectual property rights
- Conducting criminal search, seizure and raids in relation to investigation of counterfeit goods
- Advising on intellectual property protection strategies, as a step towards increasing brand value and continued growth prospects
- Conducting due diligence and audits of IP owned/licensed by target companies and also providing assistance in the areas of portals, licensing and internet transactions
- Initiating and prosecuting civil action against infringements and passing off actions
- Render services with respect to prosecuting criminal action for enforcement of Intellectual Property and Information Technology Laws