ILP’s employment law practice entails providing of informed and confidential advice on the full range of labour and employment related issues. Our endeavour is to ensure that our experience and resources help in keeping our Clients updated on developments in labour laws, their implications on business and related compliance requirements.
Our expertise in formulating Employee Stock Option Plans (ESOP) enables our Clients to structure their employee stock options in a manner beneficial to their companies by optimizing the performance of employees. ESOP related services are rendered to private as well as public companies in India. Our employment team has significant experience in implementing, preparing and finalizing all such relevant documentation.
ILP’s services include:
- Conducting of Factory and Labor Audits, providing of compliance reports, thereon
- Preparing the entire set of employment dossier, viz., Offer Letter, Appointment Letter, Employment Agreement, Non-Disclosure Agreement, Invention Assignment Agreement and Employee Handbook
- Drafting of stock option related documents, including the option plan, option agreement, grant letter, trust deed and related resolutions
- Advising on actions to be taken in case of termination, resignation or separation of an employee
- Interpretation and applicability of various labour laws and issuing opinion thereon
- Advising on the implications of non-adherence to restrictive provisions in employment contracts, including non-solicit and non-compete obligations
- Advising on protection of confidential and proprietary information by imposing adequate and enforceable obligations on employees
- Advising on the procedure to be adopted for retrenching and terminating employees, payment of statutory entitlements (provident fund, gratuity, etc.)
- Handling litigation relating to employment matters
In order to ensure sound corporate governance vis-à-vis compliance with applicable labour and employment laws, our employment team engages in an in-depth labour due diligence and assists the Client in rectifying and correcting any lacunae so highlighted, pursuant to the due diligence exercise.