ILP’s Corporate team combines legal and commercial acumen to advise Clients on the gamut of corporate matters. These range from formation of companies to joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments and strategic alliances to advising on inbound and outbound investment.
To ensure regulatory compliance and mitigate legal risks, our team undertakes in-depth legal due diligence on target companies, analyses risks and provides practical solutions to remove or mitigate these risks. The Client is thus able to take an informed decision and calculated business risks.
ILP serves a broad spectrum of the business community, including small to large sized businesses, sole proprietorships and partnerships on a full range of legal issues. Our specialized team provides advice for investors across the globe and in India on foreign exchange regulations, applicable to inbound and outbound investments in various sectors.
Our representation is widespread and this includes software developers, architects, the hospitality sector, concept designers, manufacturers, gaming companies, sourcing companies, motion pictures, technology, communication and stock trading companies.
ILP’s services include:
- Advising on foreign direct investment and overseas direct investments
- tructuring the transaction, in close association with tax consultants
- Conducting legal due diligence, issuance of reports with findings noted from the legal due diligence exercise
- Advising start-ups on compliance requirements and assisting them in drafting and negotiating business contracts
- Drafting and negotiating share subscriptions, shareholders’ agreements and other documents related to the closing of investments
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of agreements concerning the acquisition of companies, joint ventures and investments
- Drafting, negotiating and finalizing business transfer agreements/slump sale agreements
- Assisting in closing and post-closing formalities in relation to the investments/transaction
- Advising, documentation, negotiations and finalization of projects for windmill, hydro electric generation and solar power plants
- Negotiations and finalization of project documentation for various greenfield and brownfield projects
- Interfacing with regulatory authorities, including the relevant Ministry of Central and State Governments, Government Departments and Regulatory Boards
Transaction advisory encompasses structuring the deal, in consultation with tax professionals, besides conducting legal due diligence on target companies, risk analyses, drafting of definitive agreements and ancillary agreements, negotiation and finalization of definitive and ancillary agreements, assistance and support in obtaining necessary government approvals, compliance with applicable regulations, including foreign exchange.
ILP advises on policies, laws and regulations, in relation to the structuring of special purpose vehicles, subsidiaries and joint ventures.